2020 Event Schedule
Summary of Events
* Yamantaka Drubchen / Feb 15 – 23 — campus closed for this retreat
* Losar Celebration! — Tibetan New Year — FEB 27. All are welcome!
* Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation / March 13 – 15
* Lopon Barbara DuBois’ New Book Release & Teachings / March 21 – 22
* Mahamudra Month-long Retreat / April 17 – May 15
* Saga Dawa 2020 Events / May 16 – June 6
* Chenrezig Retreat / May 16 – 18
* An “Eight Consecutive Nyung Ne’s” Retreat / May 21 – June 6
First Time Offered!
* Summer Teachings & Chakrasamvara Drubchen/ July 11 – 19
* Chakrasamvara Month-long Retreat / July 21 – Aug. 18
* 100 Days Retreat / August 1 – November 8
* Vipassana Retreat / August 13 – 16
* 4 Thoughts That Turn the Mind & Shamata / Sept. 1 – 29
* Amitabha Mantra Accumulation / Sept. 18 – 20
* 21 Praises to Tara Retreat / TBA in October / First Time Offered!
* Yoga / QiGong / Meditation Retreat / TBA in October
* Vajrakilaya Drubchen, Teachings, Empowerment / Nov. 14 – 22
* Vajrakilaya Month-long Retreat / Nov. 24 – Dec. 22
* Winter Teaching Event / Dec 2020 – Jan. 2021 / Specific dates TBA
Common Preliminaries and Ngondro Retreats
The retreats and dates:
I. Refuge and Prostration: April 4 – May 16, 2020
II. Mandala Offerings: June 8 – July 3, 2020
III. Vajrasattva: July 22 – September 2, 2020
IV. Guru Yoga: September 8 – October 20, 2020
Venerable Khenpo Tenzin will guide participants with instruction and commentary on the ngondro practices which are essential for purifying and accumulating merit. Each participant has their own bedroom, shared bath and will pay for and cook their own food in a shared kitchen. The Institute will do the food shopping for each retreatant.
$1200 – One Ngondro Retreat
$4000 – All 4 Ngondro Retreats
Four Thoughts that Turn the Mind & Shamatha 2019
* Month-long Retreat or
* 100-Day Retreat
This retreat is designed to help develop renunciation and bodhicitta, which require a deeply contemplative look at your life. Shamata is a meditation practice that develops mindfulness and attention which leads to more peace in the mind. These qualities are the foundation of a successful meditation practice which leads to greater happiness.
Venerable Khenpo Tenzin will guide each participant in their solitary retreat and will give group teachings and meditation instruction. Retreatants will pay for and cook their own food in one of the two kitchens in the retreat village. The Institute will do the food shopping for each retreatant.
The Four Thoughts that Turn the Mind Retreat is offered in two formats:
100 Days Retreat Format
This 3-month-long retreat is recommended for our 3-Year Retreat Program.
Dates: August 1 – November 8 2020
September 1 – September 29, 2020
TESTIMONIAL from participant in the first ngondro retreat at Tashi Gatsal Ling House“Being in the Southwest Buddhafield’s protective sphere, in the joyful compound of Tashi Gatsal Ling house, was like having a wish fulfilling jewel placed in the palm. Having my own personal space and yet being surrounded by a community doing the same practices, was the perfect mix of a solitary and group retreat. Khenpo Tenzin was immensely kind, supportive and sensitive to the needs of our particular group. It is hard to imagine a more conducive circumstance for performing the profound and transformative preliminary trainings of the practice lineage. In these uncertain times, when the shortcomings of modern life is in the forefront of everyone’s awareness, let us arouse confidence in the dharma, and take advantage of the inconceivable opportunity to practice in retreat for our own and others benefit!”
If you are interested in attending any of these retreats please email for an application to email@example.com