At the request of His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche, in order to create and maintain a supportive environment for individuals to develop loving-kindness and compassion toward all sentient beings and realize the luminous nature of mind, we ask that everyone at the center abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Protect all life.
- Protect others’ property.
- Refrain from divisive speech and creating discord in the sangha.
- Refrain from sexual misconduct.
- Remain sober by not using drugs or alcohol.
In addition, it is asked that you:
- Not smoke anywhere on Institute property.
- Do not bring your pets.
- Follow the directions of the staff, including during medical emergencies.
You will be asked to leave the Institute if:
- Your behavior disrupts teachings or others’ meditation practice.
- After two warnings you persist in abusive or threatening speech.
- You are physically aggressive toward yourself or others. In this case, you may not return for at least one year, and certain conditions must be met before you can return.
Your connection to the Institute is important to us. If you have any questions about the guidelines, or experience any problems with their application, our Head Lama, Lama Thubten Nima, would be happy to meet with you.
May all be virtuous!